Welcome to West Monroe! I am Christine Shaw, Town Clerk, and I have had the privilege of serving the Town of West Monroe as town clerk since 1989. I believe West Monroe is a terrific place to raise a family and has great vision for the future.
The office is located at 46 County Route 11 at the Town Hall and my regular hours are:
- Monday - Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (the office may close around noon to run to the bank)
- Friday 9:00 a.m. until noon
(Please be sure to call the office prior to coming down as once in a “great” while there is training that we attend allows us to service our residents properly)
Telephone: (315) 668-8314
Fax: (315) 676-3520
The Town Clerks responsibilities include issuing:
- Annual Dog Licenses:
- One year license is $9.00 for spayed neutered dog
- $17.00 for unspayed/unneutered dog
- Current Rabies Vaccine is required
- The town is currently conducting dog enumeration so please get your dog licensed (before additional fees are incurred)!
- NYS DEC Hunting & fishing licenses
- NYS DOT Handicap Parking Permits
- NYS DOH Marriage licenses
- Requirements for Application:
- The bride and groom must come together to apply for a license, at least 24 hours before the wedding, but no more than 60 days in advance. Please bring:
- birth certificates
- a photo ID (drivers license, non-drivers's license, passport)
- all divorce papers, if any
- death certificate, if applicable to previous marriage
The Town Clerk is also responsible for recording and/or keeping of all town records - for example, budgets, annual reports, subdivisions, variances, building permits, payroll, as well as recording birth & death records. Our birth, death and marriage records date back to 1884. (If you are looking for records for genealogy purposes, please note that there is a cost of $10.00 per search)
TAX COLLECTION of property tax is performed by this office during the months of January, February and March.
Questions? Comments? Broken links? E-mail the Webmaster !